Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Game Engines - Week 6 - Midterm Recovery...



                There was no class this week simply because of the dreadful midterm. Now a lot of students in this class were probably laughing at what was on it for whatever reason, maybe because they are smarter? Or maybe because they studied harder…I’m going to assume a bit of both. Since I had my 4th year Artificial Intelligence exam 2 hours before, I knew things were not going to be too good. I had seriously hoped that there would be a fire alarm or something to delay the midterm, but I finished… 8:30 maybe? I feel like I did really bad because there were a lot of simple things that I had just blanked out on, such as simple definitions and math. I was able to get most of the math questions done, and even the question at the end regarding the scene graphs didn’t seem too bad, I think most of my marks are actually going to come from those sections.

                A lot of the questions on the general section were really simple; I had just simply forgotten how to explain most of them, which I think has screwed me over… I am now hoping on a good GDW mark and these blogs and assignments to keep my mark at a somewhat decent level. I think I’m going to take off the rest of the week from programming to complete a lot of my other assignments for other classes, since I’ve really been neglecting those in terms of quality. Medium assignment deadline is approaching… which is really nerve racking since I feel like theres barely enough time to work on them. In my opinion it is a little unfair, I can imagine the students in the current year juggling a huge workload from the modelling class, game design 2 classes (HEAVY WORKLOAD) and whatever else they may have.

               I myself have to deal with Artificial Intelligence, another programming course which is starting to give me some serious trouble… we’ll see how I do when the marks come out? I’m not sure which assignments im going to tackle next, I’ll keep updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment