Friday, October 12, 2012

Game Engines - Week 3 - Bad Habits



We didn’t have an engine’s lecture due to the thanksgiving long weekend, this I would say is somewhat of a good thing because I assume, and we will just have less material to study for on the midterm? We’ll see, as of right now I think I will be able to successfully write the midterm, though I’m pretty sure I will not do too well. I am a very weak programmer, and the easy assignments of this course alone have actually given me quite a struggle. 

I have successfully completed two of them so far, the first one with the rotating lights, and also the recreation of the robotic arm. This second assignment was a frustrating time because there were a lot of issues with me finding the proper positioning and rotation points for each of the arm parts. The fingers were probably the most complex due to their small size; it’s a lot harder to move positions around when working with small decimal numbers. If I was smarter, I probably should have made everything bigger so I’d be working with whole numbers… but something I noticed was that once I’m too far into a code, I just stick with it, instead of going back to make the proper modifications. Well anyways I managed to get that completed. I now have….9 EXP… just 11 more to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment