Monday, November 5, 2012

Game Design II - Week 8 - October 30, 2012



Due to an attack from hurricane sandy, something at our school was destroyed and they had to cancel classes for that day, maybe a little overdramatic, but rules are rules I guess. Due to this, our first class didn’t happen at all, I was kind of happy, who wants to go outside in this weather? Not me that’s for sure. I took this opportunity to finish up my second prototype with my group. We all worked from home so it was a little difficult, but thankfully, things like DropBox exist, and it made file sharing and updating a lot easier.


                So working on this wedding proposal game, we’ve decided to go about created a Dance Dance Revolution style game where the player will have to hit arrow keys and destroy arrows before they hit the ground in order to earn points. We kept the same wedding song but we had to use a remixed version in order to keep the time constraints according to the guidelines. I’ve decided for our characters that we would use blocky characters with skeletal animation. Since we’re using unity the animation cycles and stuff can all be created in Maya. I’ve almost finished creating a lot of the human models so far. Here’s what one of them looks like:

                Not exactly the best model, I know, but it will do for this prototype. After speaking to our lead programmers, we’ve actually come really close to completing this… I am really getting sick of this Bruno Mars song though... I figure a lot of people in the class will be using it too so marking this will probably be hell for whoever does it :P. Here’s another screenshot of our game:


Not too sure what else to talk about since we won’t actually be having lecture topics, I assume tomorrow is going to be all presentations I hope I’m not late… It’s also Halloween! My favourite holiday of the year…even though its not actually a holiday. I’m going to be running around campus in my Tron costume. I hope this doesn’t affect my presentation mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment