Monday, December 3, 2012

Game Engines - Week 9 - The end is near!



Two more weeks of school left for this semester, I’m finding it really hard to keep up with these blogs especially since I’ve been working on the GDW game with my group, at the same time I’m aiming to get a final chunk of EXP in this course so that I can get some more marks. I didn’t really do too well on the midterm so I’m really looking to make a huge impact in GDW and assignments so that I can pass the course properly.

The programmers of the group have been making some crazy progress on our game working with Ogre… I’m SLOWLY getting there as today they were teaching me about implementing different Artificial Intelligence behaviours into Ogre. Now this was too hard to understand theoretically, since I am in the 4th year AI class, I did a previous assignment for that particular course using Unity3D. This was WAY easier since obviously unity is a simpler engine to use, especially for an art oriented person like myself. I slowly understand how to incorporate the different AI behaviours in ogre. I’ve been working with my group and we’ve managed to learn a few things and have successfully added a seek and flee behaviour in our game. It’s now a matter of time to just move it over and complete one of the hard assignments. 

I was originally hoping to go for the sound programming question since I have used FMOD in the past with regular C++ programming. Little did I know, that things were a lot different, I believe later on in the week I’ll be asking for help from one of my group members since he’s probably waaaay more experienced with these things than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment